Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Reverse Video Reference

For this assignment, we had to film ourselves mimicking characters in 2D animations. Normally, we film ourselves acting out the scene we are trying to create, and then animate based on that video reference. However, this assignment required us to closely examine an animation, and then try to replicate it with our own bodies.

I found this assignment very difficult, as I'm sure most other students did. There were some strange things to work with. Poor perspective, disappearing limbs, and unbalanced characters are just a few of the challenges of replicating things in reality.

The animation I found most difficult to replicate was C. This may be because it is the longest one and had more actions to remember and keep track of as I acted it out. The other animations took me 5-10 attempts until I got one I liked, but animation C took me 27 tries, not counting the practice runs that I didn't film. I was quite frustrated, but other than that, I thought this assignment was very interested, and it taught me how much we really need to take into account when filming our video reference.

A.



B.




C.



D.

No comments:

Post a Comment