Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mini-Portfolio

Hello! My name is Jessica Tong. I'm an animation major at San Jose State University. I'm currently the secretary for the Shrunkenheadman Club, the school's animation club. Originally, I wanted to focus on Visual Development, but after taking our program's beginning 3D animation class, I decided to emphasize in 3D character animation. I still enjoy painting, but there's nothing like breathing life into an inanimate object.

Last semester, I participated in a gallery in which 151 artists were randomly assigned one of the original 151 Pokemon. The artists were to make a piece portraying their Pokemon in whatever way they want. This was my painting, done in acrylic paint on 7"x7" cold press illustration board.




Here is a digital speed painting I did. I think I spent about an hour and a half on it. This taught me that I lack confidence in my hard edges and darker values.




This is my final reel for ANI 129b. We worked on many assignments: posing our characters, quick studies of simple actions, and long shots of actions.




This is my sack pantomime, my final animation for ANI 114. The idea was to animate a flour sack as if it were a human, using only miming motions to convey its reactions.


No comments:

Post a Comment